I finally got off my duff to fix the occasional problem of articles not posting properly, where the show up missing. I was aware of the youtube of the Russian guitarist who goes by the name "ДиДюЛя" that would not post. I determined that failure to be due to his name being too long for the DB. While it's only 6 Russian letters, converting that name to the HTML equivalent, which browsers do, results in a name is well over 40 characters, which is the max limit in the database. That causes the DB to reject the insert operation, and that results in the article being missing but otherwise appearing as a comment.
I am certain that in the past, the DB software accepted such overly long fields and truncated them, which was fine, but that some upgrade was instituted along the way which changed that behavior to a rejection of the entire data insert operation.
So I've put in a check for the author to see if it's bigger than 40 characters, and if so, it trims it down to 40 and then passes it to the DB. So the cause of that problem is fixed.
However, this particular issue could easily exist with other data fields besides the Author field. In fact it would have to, but given it's such a rare problem I'd rather identify which fields have been a practical issue and address them as it may not be a de facto practical problem with any field. And for all I know it may be a different issue with some articles aside from field lengths.
If you encounter this issue in the future, please notify me with relevant info, namely the URL source of what you're posting along with any aggravating put downs and vulgar insults you'd like to dole out at me for this being so long in the fixing, and I'll take a look. Right now I'm more available to address this than I have been in past months, and I have a small digital workbench set up that will let me analyze and determine the problem in rather short order.
Thanks for your lack of patience.